Tuesday, October 24, 2023

The Last of the Leaves

It's supposed to rain again tonight and I suspect that the rain will send most of the leaves falling to the ground. Thunder and rain woke me this morning and it thundered again about an hour ago and now it's raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock. (Wow, it's been a long time since I've said that!) Anyway it's really raining so here are the leaves in a rare dry moment today. You can see that my baby maple tree isn't changing color yet.



Today was one of those "not in the mood" days when I just couldn't muster up much enthusiasm for doing anything. I tried my hand at a couple Zentangles. They turned out okay, I guess.


Then I decided to try a couple tangles that are on the cover of the book. Meh. I kind of like the one that I made look like an eye and eyebrow (I made that one up) but none of the three really turned out all that well.



A quartet of House Finches landed on the platform feeder this afternoon and even tolerated a Chickadee darting in to snatch a seed every once in a while.


I read some on a version of The Seaview 2 but didn't have much oomph although I did realize that I've got a whole lot of it that seems to happen all in one day so I scrolled back and tucked in some sentences that indicate the passage of time and I changed some things around to help with that. Just when I think I have it all figured out something else crops up.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Those trees are still so beautiful -- but ohhhhh - that carpet of wet ones on the ground!! Glad you don't have that to rake up and bag. But your little baby maple is still in summer mode. Quite a contrast.