Monday, October 9, 2023

Parking Lot Surprise

I've been scarfing down the watermelon I bought on Saturday so I went to the store for more this morning. First I stopped at the birdseed store for supplies and a new birdbath heater (which wasn't cheap but I like having the birds come in the winter for a drink) then I went on to the grocery store. When I came out I put my bag in the car and walked around to get into the driver's seat when I heard someone say, "ma'am?" Thinking I'd dropped something I turned around to see a woman about my age walking toward me holding out a floral bag of lilies. "These are for you," she said. "What'd I do?" I asked. She just smiled and said, "Happy Monday" and walked away. So I have three stems of orange lilies.



I drew the three daily tangles in the afternoon. I had to draw the first one twice because I didn't think it turned out right the first time. Then I goofed up the lines on the third one so I had to do that one over too.


Then I opened my new Zentangle sketchbook and drew the tangle of the day incorporating all of the designs from the day plus others from before. I struggle with the little circles with stems on the right so I changed them to the stacked circles on the left. Each of these tangles has a name but I'm not learning the names, just the drawing. My brain's too mushy to add all those names.



The sedum up on the retaining wall has turned a dark rusty color. I like it, it's pretty, but the bees are gone. Too bad.


Didn't see any interesting birds today, only Sparrows, but then I wasn't really paying attention. I got back to doing yoga and step aerobics in the morning today. Funny what a difference that week off makes.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

What goes around, comes around. You did a thoughtful thing buying the birdbath heater for your feathered friends and then the lovely stranger gave your those lilies! What a nice surprise.