Monday, October 16, 2023

Take A Walk

That's what I have to do. Every day. Because the doc said that my heart and lungs are in great condition and my breathing problems and leg cramps are from lack of exercise. Whew. My new laptop stand is helping my legs but only exertion will help me breathe better when I'm moving. So I guess I'll be puffing up the street for the foreseeable future.


The Sparrows were back today even though most of the feeders need filling. This one was working hard to peck at the little bit of suet pellets left. Another Sparrow flew up to help right after I snapped this picture.



I did some more remedial Zentangles today. I'm surprised that I'm patient enough to draw the tiny lines that fill in the background of some of these tangles. I'm usually a draw and get it done kind of girl.


After my doc's appointment this afternoon, I did some reading of a very old manuscript that I'm considering reworking during NaNoWriMo in November. I also did some research on being an expat in Anguilla and the state of birdwatching on the island. Happily I won't have to change much to shift the story from one island to another with what I learned today. Besides, it's fiction and made up anyway.


I got to spend a little time with small people this evening. It's always nice to get those hugs.

Today I got the info on a Book Fair I'm signed up to do in Sturgeon Bay on November 4. It sounds like it's shaping up to be a pretty big deal. I'm looking forward to it. I also heard from my audiobook narrator today that she's enjoying reading Horizon but due to a death in the family will need to extend the deadline. No worries, I'm not in a hurry, excited but not in a hurry. I need to do some research to figure out how much to charge anyway. Maybe ACX (the recording arm of Audible) will have recommendations. I hope so, I need all the help I can get.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Glad to read you got a good report from the doc. Taking a walk is easy enough -- that's what I tell myself but I don't take my advice! I know you'll follow through.