Sunday, October 29, 2023

Birdies

I saw lots of birds today. Some I even got pictures of. This Junco was all by itself poking around in the grass and seed shells looking for something good to eat.



At the same time a Chickadee was amusing itself pecking away at a seed it was holding in its foot. They're usually so fast to fly away that I was surprised to get this picture, even though it's a little blurry.


And then a Downy Woodpecker male showed up for a snack at the suet cakes. I'm partial to these birds because they're my three favorite colors and because they're so neat looking.



This morning I drew a couple Zentangles. The top one incorporates three or four different tangles and the bottom one is one of the designs that I really struggle with so it was good to practice it.


Tonight I turned the sock heel and got the gusset started. As you can see, I also shifted from Magic Loop to Double Pointed Needles. I just can't picture how to construct the gusset using a circular needle. I'll shift back to the circ when I finish the gusset and move onto the foot.


There was a flyover before the football game at noon but I didn't manage to get myself out to witness it. They did fly slowly enough that I saw them when I heard them, not just heard a loud noise and looked up to see airplane tails.

I spent time this afternoon working on getting ready for NaNoWriMo. I made the decision to insert the three little scenes I wrote with the new characters into The Seaview 2 to introduce them to readers. That changes the beginning of the old manuscript and may require some epic changes to the story but I think I can manage it. I'll still have the wives as the antagonists to the frustration of the husbands. And who knows? I may find a whole different story flowing once I get going next month just populated by these old characters.

I went out and installed the birdbath heater this afternoon but didn't plug it in yet. And I somehow managed to get the patio umbrella out of the table, separated into parts, and hauled into the garage. It's not in its winter spot yet, I have to move the car to put it away away, but at least it's indoors. The umbrella part won't come out of the bottom pole when it's out there so I end up with the whole thing way over my head and it isn't light. One of these days I'm not going to be able to do it and will have to ask for help. Soon it'll be time to swap the mower for the snowblower. Ugh. But I think it's the year that the snowblower needs a tuneup anyway so I need to get in touch with LJ to see when and if he can do that.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I have a mental picture of you taking the umbrella out of the patio table and it doesn't look easy. Good thing it wasn't a windy day!!