Sunday, October 15, 2023

One Big Flock

The Sparrows were here today. The Sparrows were everywhere today. There were a few Mourning Doves and Juncos mixed in but the great majority of birds mobbing the feeders were Sparrows. They were on the round feeder and the platform feeder.



They were on the suet cakes feeder, and they were on the suet pellets feeder too but I didn't get a picture of that.


There was an okay sunset this evening that didn't show up at all on the picture I took but because I took a picture I'm slapping it on here. It was a lot more pink in real life.



And I did remedial Zentangles this afternoon. I was looking at the Day 7 tangles and didn't recognize some of the "old" tangles that were in the examples. So I paged back a few days and did some more work on ones that I'd done before. I even drew a zentangle on the postcard I put out to mail to Lala tomorrow.


I spent a bit of the day taking a walk. My legs felt a little better, a little less crampy, but I still lost my breath early and had to keep stopping to catch it. It's one of the questions I have for the doc tomorrow. I'm concerned that my decades of smoking are coming back to haunt me.

The rest of the day I spent rereading version 2 of the manuscript (mostly standing up which seems to be helping my leg muscles and back), the one that's exclusively 1st person POV. I finished it and it's okay. It's not as full and well-rounded a story as version 4 which switches from 1st to 3rd back and forth for about the first two-thirds of the story. Reading the two versions has given me a lot to think about. And then there's NaNoWriMo coming up in 2 weeks. Am I going to do it this year? Am I going to work on rewriting an old manuscript, the first NaNoWriMo that I wrote? Tough questions.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Decisions, decisions, decisions. Hope you have a good visit with your Dr. tomorrow.