Monday, October 23, 2023

Playing Yarn Chicken

And I won! I finished the Muchness Scarf tonight and played a little yarn chicken at the end. I did two more rows than I thought I should do and when I was done binding off all of the stitches I had about 18" of yarn left. Whew! The scarf isn't as long as I thought it'd be but it goes around my neck and crosses over on my chest so it'll do the job quite nicely.



There weren't many birds at the feeders on this rainy day but I did catch sight of this House Finch on the platform feeder. He didn't stay long but at least he turned around so that I got a picture of his front rather than his tail.


Today's Zentangles were supposed to be experiments in value, which means that they're supposed to grade from light to dark as you go from top to bottom. The first one seems like it has all the same value but I did a little better on the second one.



Look what I got in the mail today. It's Lala's book! She even inscribed it to me. It's a collection of short stories and I'm savoring them, not reading like a madwoman to get from the beginning to the end. She's such a good writer with a style that couldn't be more different from mine. That's why she's had stories in journals and contests and I haven't been than lucky. I stopped writing short stories years ago when I kept getting rejected by all and sundry. Now I write novels and publish them myself thereby cutting out the risk of rejection. Crafty of me, don't you think?


I got to be an Uber driver this afternoon. DS was brewing and not done by the time school was out so I got to be the pickup driver. I love that I can do that for them and get to see the kids for a few minutes even if they both dive right into one of the car books when they get buckled up. I keep a short stack of books in the back seat for just that purpose.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Love the colors in your scarf. I had so many but they all went the way of Ian. I still miss sooooo much stuff. I have a magnet on the refrig that says "Yeah - that happened. Now move on." But I can't seem to do that.