Saturday, January 18, 2020

Only Six Inches

 

We only got six inches of snow from Snowstorm Dean which isn't so bad.  It snowed all night and morning until about noon-ish.  




I went out and blew the snow off the driveway only to have the plow come by just as soon as I put the snowblower away.  I waited until he'd made two passes down my side of the street before going out again to clear away the plow drift.  Not so fast!  Just as I broke through the drift into the street I saw the plow coming back so I got out of the way and he raised the drift from about 18" to about 24".  Dandy.  I am so glad that I have a big, heavy, powerful 10 HP snowblower so I can get the job done.




This afternoon was the Founders Club party at Zambaldi Beer.  I teared up to see Durwood's name next to mine in the center of the top row but know that, wherever he is, he was looking down with pride at DS and DIL1's dream coming true.




My knitting mojo still seems to be on hiatus so I decided to cast on a preemie hat, which is a one-day project, thinking that maybe finishing something successfully will bring back the magic.  I don't know if it has but I'm happy to have a hat done.




The second half of the weather promise seems to be coming true.  I can hear the wind whistling through the trees.  I'm glad I'm in the house and not out moving snow around.  It got above freezing today and the sun shone a bit (!!!!!) so maybe the wind won't find much loose snow to blow into drifts.  Fingers crossed.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Zimbaldi Beer!! Yay for all you Founders but especially for AM & DM. Love those cute logo things they had made. I agree that Durwood was there in spirit. When we lived in Syracuse a hundred years ago, I remember that snow plow trick of making the drift just as you've cleared the driveway. Glad you've got that powerful snow blower and your powerful determination to get out there and do the job.