Friday, January 17, 2020

No Dodging the Storm

We aren't going to get missed this time.  For once, the weather guys got it right.  It's snowing.  It started right around 6:00pm and is supposed to keep snowing til about 7:00am.  Just dandy.  It's already windy and supposed to get windier tomorrow.  Just what we need, blowing and drifting snow.  Good thing I have plenty of gas for the snowblower.


Today I went over to the brewery and, with DIL1's dad, stuck felt pads on the bottoms of about 100 chairs' legs. (that's 400 little sticky felt feet)  I was never so glad to have my tiny Swiss Army penknife on my key ring.  I used it to peel the paper off the pads instead of my weak and peely fingernails.  We got into a rhythm but still it took us a good three and a half hours to work our way around the room.  It was a small part of getting the taproom ready to open but it saved DS and DIL1 from having to do it.



Every time I'm there it looks more like a reality.  Here are the comfy couches for cozy beer sampling.


Tonight at Friday Knitting I got the flashback afghan all sewed together and crocheted around the outside so all LB has to do is weave in a few tails and it's done and ready to be donated.  Hooray!

17 January--Barbara Malcolm, Spies Don't Retire.  

They left Billie Holland-Smythe standing alone in the sunlight.  She looked deflated, but not for long.  There had to be another secret she could uncover and exploit for her amusement.  It was only a matter of time.
                                                 THE END


That was my day.  I got home this afternoon, sat down on the couch, and woke up an hour later.  Oops.  I have to say that I'm really enjoying those flash naps.  I've never been a napper, that was always Durwood's forte, but I'm beginning to understand the allure of getting horizontal for a short snooze in the afternoon.  Must be getting old.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love the look of all those chairs and the sofa in the Brewery. And yes, that is a big job sticking pads on the hundreds of chair legs. Well done proud parents of the owners! Yes, a nap sometime during the day is a wonder thing. Paul snoozes in his chair every afternoon around four. My time is with my book right before I start dinner. Guess you can't escape the snow every time. Winter in Green Bay!