Tuesday, January 21, 2020

And Another Thing...

I'm sorry, I'm so excited about the opening of the taproom today I have to link to the little report that was on one of the local news programs tonight.  DS and DIL1 are interviewed briefly and you can see how crowded it is.  It's really real!


I zoomed over to ALDI this afternoon and snapped up two hyacinth-bulbs-in-a-glass.  I meant to get one but the price went from $2.99 to $.99 so for ninety-nine cents I figured I could get two and still have a buck left over.  I dug out some pots to nestle the glass bulb jars into and surrounded them with crumpled newspaper to hold the supporting sticks, bamboo for the white one and a pair of metal kabob skewers for the blue/purple one.  It works and I smell the wonderful aroma of hyacinth whenever I get near one of them.  It was 24 degrees, sunny, and breezy today (in other words, cold) so fragrant flowers go a long way toward perking a person up.




A friend invited me over to knit this morning and I finished the January Seamen's Cowl.  It isn't much to look at and it's a snap to knit but these days it's about as complex as I can manage.  All I want to do is sit and stare, or nap.  Winter.  Bah.




21 January--Barbara Malcolm, Three Cheers for Murder. 

Cecilia reentered her shop, The Alchemists, walked to the back where she made her lotions, creams, lip balm, and bath products.  Forgetting to put on an apron, she proceeded to make five different flavors of lip balm.  It only took a few minutes per batch.  Then to the computer to run labels that she figured she could attach during the day.  Just as her Regulator clock 10:00 A.M. Cecilia realized she’d splashed wax on her red polo shirt, again.  Another trip to the dry cleaners.  Sighing in exasperation, she changed into a clean dark red polo shirt with her logo over the pocket, turned on all the lights in the small shop, and unlocked the door.  As she stood at the door, she noticed an unmarked car with municipal plates parked across the street and two men at the counter talking to Marlene.


I'm going to meet a friend to write tomorrow afternoon and I have high hopes for getting a few words to lay down on the page and behave.  Wish me luck.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You win in the low temp department this morning (well, every morning this time of year) but our one-day winter has set in with a low of 37 degrees at 5:00 this morning. Supposed to be back to normal sixties by the weekend. Quite a contrast in your photos today -- the beautiful, colorful hyacinths and then the serviceable-looking cowl. Glad you picked up the bargain flowers. Definitely a bargain so buying two was meant to be.