Saturday, August 25, 2018

Working My To-Do List

So there aren't many photos today and what photos I have aren't colorful.  But this morning I took myself in hand, made a to-do list, an ambitious one, I also wrote in my Bullet Journal for about the first time in August.  I got a bunch of things done, not all of course, but a satisfying number of them are checked off.  

I spent the morning making curried chicken salad, weighing, cutting and bagging meal portions of grilled chicken, washing lettuce and spinach, and writing a long journal entry.  All three meals today were WW friendly.  Now, that doesn't mean that I didn't fall into bad habits between meals but I ate veggies and fruit and lean meats in reasonable quantities at appropriate times.  When putting the grilled chicken into the freezer I found a bag of chicken and bean burritos that I made a few months ago so I nuked one for supper, peeled it open, and laid in fresh spinach and diced tomato from the garden.  A quick and easy feast!  I'm working on the between-meals failings.  I sat and portioned out a bag of mini pretzel twists (12), mini caramel rice cakes (8), and counted out many 16s of dark chocolate M&Ms into little pill pouches so my supply of WW 2-point-quantity snacks is replenished.  Baby steps. 





This afternoon I went over to the furniture store and bought the loveseat I picked out yesterday.  It'll be delivered on Thursday.  And for ten bucks they'll haul the old one away.  Can't wait.






Fringe Association, a blog I read daily, has hosted a Summer of Basics challenge the last two years.  I had every intention of playing along again this year but with one thing and another I've been a bit distracted, so I find myself six days from the end of the "summer" (she counts June, July, and August) not having made even one basic--and I had the fabric all ready.  *flings up hands*  Aanyway, tonight after supper I hauled up the cutting mat, scissors, pins, three lengths of cotton and spandex fabric, and a Kwik Sew pattern for leggings from 1992 that fits me just right (with a little adjusting) and got black, gray, and white leggings cut out.  I'll bet I can get at least two of them done by the 31st.

August 25--Paul Vever, Gui (Hair Comb).  Mai slid the comb gently into Sylvia's hair, pulling a curl through between the pearls that looked like lilies of the valley.  Sylvia's red gold hair was almost the same color as the tortoiseshell of the old comb.  The comb had been handed down from mother to daughter for generations, worn at balls, weddings, and presented at court.  Mai patted an errant wisp of hair back into place then bent to kiss the back of Sylvia's neck.  Sylvia shivered and reached to clasp her maid's hand.  Blue eyes met brown in the mirror.  Neither of them spoke.

It wasn't very hot today but it sure was humid.  And still.  It was supposed to rain today but it was just oppressively damp and dreadful feeling.  I sure am glad I have air conditioning.  Time to hit the hay.  I'm pooped.  Crawling around on the floor to pin and cut out patterns isn't as easy as it used to be.  Imagine that.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

We are somewhat on the same page when it comes to couches. Love your new beige number -- our green couch has been switched out for a brown one and looks so much better. Then the colors of your carefully cut-out leggings are so like the ones I have. Maybe we're both subdued girls, right? No, wrong! Red is still my favorite and know it's yours too.