Thursday, August 23, 2018

Birds & a Sock

This morning I had a couple birds posing for me.  First this hummingbird hovered at the feeder long enough for me to snap a couple pictures.  It kept its back turned so I couldn't tell if it was a male or a female but its size leads me to think it's a female (they're a bit bigger).








Then a couple Downy Woodpeckers came to pose.  This male spent a few minutes snacking on the suet and then this one spent some time pecking around the peanuts.  I couldn't see if it was a male because it didn't turn its head but it left when the male did so I'm guessing it was either a female or a fledgling following daddy around.








 
I picked up the Pink & Gray Anklet this afternoon and realized that the last time I'd put it away I only had one more decrease round to knit before it was time to Kitchener the toe shut, weave in the tails, and be done.  Why do I do stuff like that?



I know why I'm doing it now.  My brain isn't connected to any part of me right now, it's off in la-la land doing loop-de-loops trying to figure out what I need to do next and how to live without Durwood to take care of and worry about.  I'll get it, I know it's too soon to expect anything else, but I just feel so... so scattered.  I did some closet reorganization today so that I'm not in danger of an avalanche when I open my closet.  


Yesterday I grilled the boneless chicken parts I'd marinated for a couple days.  I should probably portion it out tomorrow, eat some, and freeze the rest.  Maybe I'll manage to make curried chicken salad too.  That would be good.  I bought a loaf of multigrain bread at Breadsmith the other day and have been eating it almost exclusively since.  Tonight I made an egg scramble with peppers, onions, and WW sausage on toast.  Hey, at least there were veggies involved.  I call that a win.


August 23--Odilon Redon, Yachts on a Bay.  It wasn't the greatest day to be at the beach.  The wind blew the sand around, swirling it in a cloud that blasted Amber's face and got in her eyes.  It was cold for the end of September too.  She hadn't packed a warm jacket so she shopped the clearance rack at the convenience store.  The only warm thing they had was a sickly pink hoodie three sizes too big with a picture of a sailboat and "Coming About" on the front.  She huddled in it against a sand dune and wondered what she was doing there.

Well, I fell under the lure of buying more of those creepy little soft toys.  I googled them and found them for almost half-price at what looks like a farm supply store in Minnesota and even with shipping they're much cheaper.  Now I'll have to find something that LC is crazy about playing with.  *sigh*  This Meemaw-ing can be hard work.  I'm tired and am turning in.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You are excused for feeling scattered. A life-altering event just happened and I'm proud of you for carrying on with your photos and knitting. At least you aren't parked on the sofa staring at the TV. Time heals.......