Sunday, October 1, 2017

A Pittance of a Post

Do you know what I did yesterday?  Not a thing.  I didn't knit.  I didn't sew.  I didn't take a walk.  I didn't read a book, well, I listened to the end of an audiobook and I sat here and sorted the photos in the vast "digital photos" file on the hard drive into their respective folders.  I didn't then go into the folders to complete the sorting, no, I didn't go that far, so I really don't have anything to say or show.

Last week when I went down to The Attic Books & Cafe to write I scanned the kids' books and found these two volumes, hardcover, for just about $5 and there's not a mark on them.  The Jester one even has its dust jacket.  Amazing.


This morning I read the paper (no photo ops there), watched CBS Sunday Morning (ditto), and did Wii Step Aerobics and yoga (not taking pictures of that).  Then I spent some time visiting with a knitting friend I haven't seen in weeks because of our schedules and my cold.  After that I made the rounds of three grocery stores, one being Walmart which is like a cross between a stroll through O'Hare airport and roller derby.  The most exotic item on my list was tahini (sesame seed paste) that I need to make an intriguing carrot salad recipe from today's Parade magazine.  Not surprisingly, Walmart didn't have it but I did find a big jar of it at Pick 'N Save for a not outrageously big price.  Of course I only need 3 Tablespoons but I'll find other uses for it or just make a lot of batches of this carrot salad--if we like it.  I wonder if you can use it like peanut butter?  I'll have to Google it.

At knitting Friday night MW passed out these bracelets.  Each tile has the emblem of a branch of the Armed Forces or a flag or supportive slogan.  He wouldn't let us pay him for them so I guess I find a way to donate to the Disabled American Veterans on my own.

October 1--Poster for the "Exposition la Croisiere Noire.  Someone spray painted words on the poster.  Nasty words.  How had they done it?  The museum was locked and fully covered by security camera, and yet some ingnorant bigot had managed to spread his hatred there.  The head curator sent people searching through the endless halls and galleries to find if any other piece had been similarly defiled.  No had been touched, only this one. Captain Roberts sent his second-in-command, Nolan, to review the digital recording from the previous night.  He called Roberts in a very short time.  "Captain, you need to see this."

Sorry.  I want to know what there was to see too but I don't know.  I fell asleep instead.  I'll try to have something interesting to talk about tomorrow.  I'll work on it.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Some days are like that. No headline-worthy event -- but that's not all bad. It was Sunday, after all -- supposed to be a day of rest!