Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Worth Getting Up Early

This morning's sunrise was worth getting up in the dark.  When I opened the patio door drape the dark blue sky was barely tinged with that rosy, peachy dawn pink color and by the time I grabbed my camera and stepped outside here's what I saw.  Ahhh.  This view made it very easy to unroll my yoga mat on the patio and greet the dawn.  It didn't even really cool down much last night so I wasn't chilled at all.  In fact, the house was 78 degrees when I woke up.  What's up with that?  It's October.  In Wisconsin.  I'd give a bag of (ugly) yarn for some fall-like temps.



As I was rolling up my mat I saw the silhouette of a biggish bird fly over and land on top of LJ's power pole.  It was the little Sharp-shinned Hawk out looking for breakfast.  Pretty cool.





Last night after supper I drew off a doll shirt pattern and then cut out the diapers and shirts from flannel.  The diapers will have the print outside and a layer of white flannel inside; the shirts will be a single layer of the printed flannel.  All will close with Velcro for ease of small fingers.  I was hoping to get them sewed up this morning but it looks like it'll be tomorrow morning instead because as soon as I post this I'll have some lunch and then take my writing toys and go off to work on the next chapter.


My leg muscles have been aching the last few days.  I finally figured out why yesterday.  I started doing daily Wii Fit Step Aerobics on Sunday and my muscles aren't used to it and they're protesting vehemently.  So vehemently that I only did half of my "usual" routine today to give them a break.  I'm nice like that.

October 3--Umberto Boccioni, Spiral Construction.  No actual cat could look like that, I thought, standing in front of the canvas the size of a garage door.  At least I thought that thing was a cat.  It was sitting on a stool or a side table and there might have been a tail but by the time it came to giving the cat body a head, the artist had moved on to completely non-representational style.  I couldn't even guess what the top thing was supposed to be.  I needed to go outside, to see people and buildings and trees that looked like trees. Too much abstraction gave me a headache.

And that's it for me today.  I'm thinking I'll whip up a ramen bowl with some of the remaining pork and some leftover broccoli in the fridge.  Later, dudes and dudettes.
--Barbara 

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love that pink dawn sky. So glad you can capture the color with your camera. Thank you. I'm never ever up early enough to see the real thing!