Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Cables are Easier the Second Time Around

That was my knitting lesson for Monday.  I faced up to the fact that my first run at my BLKG Design-A-Thon pattern was a swatch, frogged it (ribbit!), and started again.  I doubled the ribbed cuff rows (that's made a big difference) and I noticed that my cable knitting speed really picked up.  The pattern writing's making more sense too.  Who knew?  (people who've done it before, that's who, pay attention, Barbara)

On Sunday night I finished the brown section of March Men's Chemo Hat #3 and attached the black.  I keep trying it on so that I don't stop too soon; I think I'm okay now.  I'm going to save this to work on at Friday Night Knitting because it's mindless and I for sure don't want to screw up a cable cross when I'm flapping my gums and not paying close enough attention.

When I went out to get the newspaper this morning (the carrier had hit the steps, not the porch) I saw the crescent moon peeking out from the bare branches of the maple tree.  So pretty, so c-c-c-cold.

March 26--Egypt, Relief Plaque with Ram's Head from a God's Figure.  Laine woke up to a crunching, tearing sound next to her.  She was cold and wet, and there was that sound.  She had to consciously force one of her eyes open.  It felt glued shut but she raised her eyebrow and it finally opened a slit.  There was a great big ram grazing right next to her head.  She cried out and the animal snorted at her and then turned its back on her.  There were sheep all around her.  She rolled on her side.  The movement made her head pound and little lights flash behind her eyes.  She pushed herself up to a sitting position and saw that her hands and arms were all scraped and bloody.  She looked around for a clue as to how she had gotten there and how she had hurt herself but all she saw were sheep.

It's another cold clear day here in the frozen tundra of Wisconsin.  Time to gird my loins then go out and keep the world safe from SCUBA diving.  Adios, muchachas.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That shot of the moon between the branches -- so pretty!! Thanks for braving the freezing morning to share it.