Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hooray, Hooray, the First of May...

(You can finish that little jingle all by yourself, I'm not going there, at least on the blog I'm not.  In my head's another story, but you're on your own here.)  It looks gorgeous and sunny out there.  In about an hour Porter & I will be meeting Maggie & Skully for a walk along the Fox River Trail.  I like that trail best because of the river and all the birds.  It's a little busier with bicyclists and skaters but it's worth it to me for the scenery.  Today I'm embarking on a four-day shake & soup diet, part of the new Digest Diet from Reader's Digest.  I ordered the book (of course) and read through it but I think it's too drastic for me where I am right now.  Durwood suggested that I just do the "fat releaser" days to kind of kick-start myself.  I thought about it and decided that I could maybe do 4 days.  We'll see how it goes.  Four days isn't very long, that's my mantra today.  Lately time's been flying at supersonic speed so those 4 days will be over before I know it and I'll be back to my mounds of veggies with a little meat, lots of fruit and some yogurt meals.  Today I'm going to plant leaf lettuce, spinach, and basil in pots, and then clear out the dead things in the rest of the garden and beds.  It looks too nice out there to be inside for much of the day.

April 30--India, A Lady Playing the Tanpura.

eager fingers
wriggle, reach
pluck the strings
that call the birds
from the trees
pull a man
to his knees
           --bam
~~~~~~~

Sorry for the brevity, I was so sleepy last night I could barely get those on the page and there's a jumble of squiggles between, over, and beside the words to prove it.  Get outside and play today.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Oh yeah -- I know the end of that jingle -- courtesy of my big sister and your wonderful, crazy mom!!!