Friday, November 5, 2010

Now It's Officially Autumn

I went out into the backyard after lunch and gathered up the fallen apples that were all squirrel-bit and then I used a long-handled rake to help get the ones too high up from the overhanging branches from the parking lot behind the house. I kept hearing footsteps on the parking lot behind the fence and waited for someone to come and ask me what I thought I was doing. You know "stolen" apples taste sweeter. It was fun to reach up high to try and get more. Durwood even came out and took my picture so I got him to help get a few more from up high. We got a lot more than I thought we would, there's going to be a lot of homemade applesauce around. Then I got a bright idea--I'd go get some pears to cook with the apples and make some of it apple-pear sauce. The Apple Store didn't have any (go figure!), neither did Aldi, so I went to Woodman's and got a bag of pale green rocks. Now I have to be patient and let them ripen. Looks like I'll be making the sauce on Sunday or Monday rather than tomorrow as I'd originally planned. Sometimes I'm not very patient.





I found some pieces of a hornet's nest in the yard that I though looked pretty and delicate. I don't know what I'll do with them but I'm keeping them.






And here's a side-on shot of Frida the Fish. See? Don't you think it looks lik
e a blue boob? I need to get the eyes and fins on and stuff it, stat, so it looks like a fish. Get your mind out of the gutter, Barbara, this is for a baby. Sheesh, post-menopausal women are not to be trusted.

1 comment:

Zoe said...

It may be for a baby.. but babies like boobs too! Actually in that argument, your mind is not near the gutter when you knit a boob for a baby!