Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fallen Back Sunday

Did you remember to set your clocks back? I was so sleepy last night that I went to bed at 10 PM, which Durwood teased was really 9 PM but I couldn't imagine why I'd stay up just to say I'd gone to bed at a "normal" time. I was a bit disappointed that I awoke around 6:30 but then I counted up the hours I'd slept and was very satisfied with myself for sleeping 9 hours straight. I know it's due to the Paxil I'm taking; I'm still trying to figure out when it's best to take my daily pill. Right now I'm feeling like it should later in the day but I'm enjoying the time. It's much better than getting used to the time change in Spring. Oh, and I have to go and buy a couple 9V batteries for the smoke alarms today. Can't forget.

November 6--Mentawai Archipelago. One more step, maybe two, and she could melt into the shadows in the jungle. Sue Ann was uncomfortable out on the stark white beach in the sunlight. She was sure there were eyes on her all the time but she had to go out on the reef to catch fish. She laid snares for lizards and birds but fish were a much more reliable source of food. It had been three weeks since the coast guard had dropped her off with a few cases of rations and not much else.

It took me nearly half an hour to write those few sentences because I kept falling asleep. I can't remember when I've been so sleepy day after day. I'm off to put sheets into the dryer and then knit a bit before going out to plant bulbs. Ta-ta.
--Barbara

No comments: