Sunday, November 14, 2010

A New Kntter & A Trip to the Frog Pond




My "little" son asked for knitting lessons for his birthday. I was thrilled and went out to buy his first yarn and needles. All the bags I found were either very girly or too expensive, so I bought a quilted bag at Nueske's the other day because I figured that a smokehouse bag was pretty manly. He loved it! We started with a basic garter stitch dishcloth knit on the diagonal so he'd learn to knit, increase, and decrease. He did pretty well, got through the first half with only a few boo-boos.











While he was working on his knitting I worked on Izzy's hat, getting the brim done and making the first earflap. I cut the yarn and took a look at it and realized that it was waaaaay too big for her. Dang it.










So I pulled out the ball winder and frogged it. It was nearly complete and now it's back to being 2 balls of yarn. I hate when that happens. I'm going to give it a little time-out, just a day or so, and then plunge back in. I have to work a lot this week so I'll make that my work project. I should be able to knock it off by the weekend. (she says, probably jinxing an already frogged hat)

No comments: