Sunday, February 12, 2023

Two Again

But I almost just cooked one recipe. I finished the Chicken Breasts Pierre before lunch and got them portioned out and into the freezer. Then I made more rice hoping to have enough for the rest of the recipes.



After lunch I got out my paints and painted another leaf painting, this time using the big paper, and I'm pleased with how it turned out. I also painted a postcard with essentially the same leaves only in a different arrangement. I was a bad girl and didn't do a new lesson today. That's okay, I'm the boss of my art life.


Once I was done with that I was feeling tired and thought I'd just cook one recipe today but about 4 o'clock the guilt got me and I rustled up a batch of Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls. Now I only have one recipe left to make tomorrow and then I'll be done for weeks and weeks. (Today's 12 servings total takes me up to 52 suppers in the freezer with 9 more coming tomorrow for a grand total of 61. That's a lot of suppers! More than 8 weeks of them. Whew.)



I just couldn't face drawing a bird out of Draw Like an Artist while the last pot of food was simmering so I opened Dr. Seuss's Book of Animals to the page with the bees that I drew a few days ago. Today I drew three of the birds and the little girl on there. I'm happy with them.


And after supper I sat watching things I'd DVR'd and finished the last few rounds of the latest Toe Cap. I probably should have cast on another one since there's plenty of this yarn left but I didn't feel like it.



While I was painting I looked out to see a flock of Mourning Doves mingling with a few Sparrows pecking at the birdseed that is exposed by the melting of the snow. One good thing is that I don't have to go out to fill the feeders because they just eat the seed they've thrown on the ground in days gone by. Sorry that the picture's so blue. It was sunny out and they were in the house shadow.


I had to run to the grocery for lunch food and didn't remember that today is the Super Bowl so all the people were there buying up party food. Man, it was jammed but I grabbed my few items, used the self-checkout, and got outta there in about 15 minutes. Whew. It was a narrow escape. I thought about swinging by the carwash but then decided that it'd be swamped. I'll think about it tomorrow when everyone's back at work or hung over.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I'm not hungover but I did sleep late. Watched the game and then read for a while. Sad 😔 that football season is over but glad Mahomes and the Chiefs got the win.