Saturday, February 11, 2023

Still Cooking

It was a warm-ish, sunny day today. When I got into the car to take the small people home this evening the thermometer said it was 43 degrees and I know it was warmer earlier. I spent most of the day slaving over a hot stove. Well, a hot slow cooker and then a hot skillet. First I assembled Chicken Tikka Masala in the slow cooker and got it going. It's another 8 serving recipe, so bonus.



Then I did yoga and Wii step aerobics before dressing and making Hoisin-Glazed Chicken Breasts. That is a really quick and easy recipe that tastes great, and it makes 6 servings which means that I've got 40 suppers in the freezer as of today. And I'd made a big pot of brown rice yesterday so I didn't have to make it today.


The Daily Practice today was to paint a bigger leaf painting than yesterday's tiny studies. I got smart and chose an intermediate size piece of paper so I didn't have a big white space to try to fill. It went better and I'll try painting a bigger one tomorrow. Not having to be precise and so realistic in my paintings is feeling really great. I'm getting better at silencing that inner voice that tells me that things aren't exact. I'm getting better at silently shouting, Shut Up!



I even managed to draw a couple things out of Sketching after lunch before it was time to go pick up the small people for the afternoon.


We stopped at the Book Stop on the way home. It's a used book store that also has a "local authors" shelf and my two titles are there. I used LC and OJ as an excuse to stop to see if any of them have sold and one Horizon has. Woohoo! One is better than the none I was anticipating. Naturally they each found a book to take home. I'm always willing to buy books.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Glad the kids got to see the fruits of their Meemaw's labor paid off. And the "fruits" bought them a book! Congrats on another sale.