Saturday, February 4, 2023

To Market, To Market

Today was another Military Ave. Market, or rather Market on Military which is what it says on the signs. The same authors were in attendance but today it was FP's day to sell a lot of books. I sold 2 of The Seaview and traded LW one of his for one of mine. (good trade) So that's 3 for the day and since my continued goal is 1 per market, I'm happy with that. This time I wandered around and bought a dozen farm-fresh eggs for only $5, a bag of apples, and some Crimini mushrooms. I was hoping for some acorn squash but didn't find any. Guess I'll have to get some at the grocery store.



Being at the market from 8am until 1pm seriously curtailed my art activities. I managed to paint the Daily Practice mini floral studies and I just love them. Here's hoping that I can translate the loose, easy painting to a larger one tomorrow.


Then I hurried up and went through the trees lesson and the leafy wreath lesson in Beginning Watercolor. The tree turned out okay and the wreath is alright, not great. I'll have to try that one again. Maybe with a different brush.



After supper I cast on another Toe Cap this time using worsted weight yarn instead of the bulky I used yesterday. Progress was much slower but I like the colors of this yarn. The name of the colorway is Watercolor. It reminds me of a Monet waterlilies canvas.


Then I felt guilty because I hadn't drawn anything today so I hurried up and turned to the next picture in Seuss-isms. It's trees, Seuss-ian trees that are leading up to a very intimidating picture of a long-necked creature and a three-seater unicycle. Yikes! I'm already dreading having to draw that, although in truth I don't HAVE to draw anything I don't want to, but I'll give it a shot.


I went to Michaels on the way home from the Market (it was only a block out of my way) and bought the supplies that I'll need for the Line Drawing Class that I want to take next on Creativebug but, cross my heart, I won't be starting it until I'm finished with the two watercolor classes that I'm already taking. Really I won't. Honest. Buying art supplies is addictive, like buying office supplies or back to school supplies. Or is that just me?

--Barbara

2 comments:

Aunt Barb said...

Congrats on surpassing your goal at the market. I love the sign for the Green Bay Writers Guild. Clever use of the pen nib.

Aunt Barb said...

P.S. Glad to see your smiling face among the other authors. Sounds like a nice day.