Friday, February 10, 2023

I Made a Hat

Well, I finished a hat tonight at Friday Night Knitting and I really like the way it turned out. I made it longer than the pattern called for and I'm glad that I did because it comes down snug over my ears so it'll keep someone else warm too. And I like the way that the single row of white looks like dashes around just above the ribbing. I only had enough of the white for one round but I'm glad that I put it in. Now, of course, I have a lot more of the brown/black left since I used up all the orange/black, but not enough for another hat. I'll think of something to put with it or do with it, never fear.



Today's Investment Cooking started a lot earlier than it did yesterday. I got the Chicken Cacciatore into the slow cooker around 9 o'clock so that left plenty of time for me to do yoga and Wii step aerobics long before lunchtime. (Unlike yesterday when I didn't get anything started until 11.) The Cacciatore cooked until 3pm and it made the house smell great.


The other recipe I made today was One Pot Mexican Beef & Rice. That's made in a skillet with ground beef, black beans, corn, Rotel tomatoes, and instant rice. Quick and easy--and delicious. (That put 12 more suppers in the freezer today. Yesterday's recipes put in 14 suppers. They're piling up! I kind of dread it when cooking week rolls around but I'm so glad that I do it.)



I didn't have a lot of art time today so all I have to show you is the Daily Practice tiny paintings. These are little studies, like watercolor sketches, in preparation for doing a big leaf painting tomorrow. I'm kind of getting into those dots and stripes that she puts in her paintings using alcohol markers. At first I didn't like them but they're growing on me. I'm still not too sure about the marks she adds with watercolor pencils over the paint but I'm trying.


Once I had the hat finished I went back to work on the Toe Cap in the watercolor yarn. I do like these colors although I'm not usually a pastel kind of girl.


It was sunny, breezy, and chilly today but things are supposed to start warming up tomorrow. As long as the sun shines I'm happy.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Cute hat. The little dots of white could be snowflakes ❄️.