Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What a Diemma...

Being on the inside: The thing is that management made it all move sound so reasonable, glamorous even. I'd worked this job for a couple years, doing whatever management wanted me to do. It was grunt work, mostly, but I didn't mind. It was almost interesting in bland, tedious sort of way. And then they bumped me up to a salaried position. What a mistake that was, let me tell you. Being on the inside is the worst. When I was hourly, I could check the job at the door. But now I'm taking it home. And it's ticking off my family. Everybody hates the new me. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be back in the old job. But being on the outside is no better really. I'd just get bored and start wondering what was happening on the inside. Inside and outside are looking just about the same to me, you know. Sides of the same coin, so to speak.

Bob ;-)

No comments: