Friday, August 8, 2008

Thanks!

Jenny & Bob, thanks for all your hard work and comments on my manuscript. I appreciate it. Sorry I had to leave early; my back was killing me. I wasn't very inspired last night, but here goes.

August 7--Someone is calling your name--In the grocery a kid calls "Mom" and a dozen women turn to look. No matter how old she gets, if she has a child she always a mom, always on duty. That role never changes no matter how old your kids are, how old you are, and even if they are still alive. Watch a group of women standing, one of them holding a fussy baby. Soon they will all be swaying, rocking to soothe a baby they're not even holding. How do you stop being a mom? How do you shed that skin that sends out psychic feelers making sure your babies are safe even if they're over thirty and live half a world away with children of their own?

See? Not very inspiring. I'll try to do better tonight.
--Barbara

No comments: