Thursday, August 7, 2008

BIG!


Remember I bought that Lion Brand BIG (sadly discontinued) yarn last week? Well, I found a hat pattern I thought would be perfect to use it for, so last night I dug out my US 17 needles, the long ones, and made a Meathead Hat from this book. I had to reduce the number of stitches and the rows to accommodate the super-duper bulkiness of the yarn and I'm still figuring out what to use to sew up the back seam (I don't thing there's a needle with an eye big enough), but I like it. The thing that drew me, aside from the big yarn/big needles aspect, is that the author suggests using something special, like a fancy button or a peacock feather, to accent the hat. I like that idea a lot.

I'm also about halfway through the next Hula bag and the Lake Sudoku square. Yay me!

No comments: