Friday, August 1, 2008

Brainstorm!



Durwood found an ad on the back page of the paper for Retail America and they had yarn for 70% off. 70%!! (Didn't I tell you he's a treasure?) We went and most of what they have is Lion Brand and a lot of "eyelash" but I did find this shelf full of Red Heart Hula which is a sport weight 100% acrylic yarn that's smooth and shiny and a lot like nylon twine. They had 7 different colors (you know I love colors) so I bought some thinking it'd make great crocheted market bags. Well, I must admit that at first I thought it'd make great knitted market bags but the yarn was a real pain to knit, so I dug out the Sugar'n Cream crochet pattern I'd used before and got to work. The first one's looking good. Not going to save the whole planet crocheting market bags but I can tidy up my little corner a bit.

No comments: