Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Who She Needs

All day at work I was thinking about Sharon and about the rough turn in her life, about having to face up to all the stuff in her own past. I think she needs a break, Barbara, or at least the hint that a break is coming along. She needs somebody who is worthy of her.

Here's a poem I wrote a while back. The working title is "Psalm".

Your embrace is my amazement
Waking me, restoring me
Like water to the thirsty,
Like sleep to the tired,
Like wide-eyed wonder to the
One who has forgotten sanctity.

You throw yourself altogether,
Teaching me to catch you -
To receive you as myself.

Your embrace is full and empty,
A passage and a song of praise
Whose words are these:
Catch me now.
I trust that you will catch me.
Trust us now to teach you this.
Trust yourself that you at last
Will learn to sing this song of praise.

Bob;-)

No comments: