Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Fishy Week



I know, I know, this was Thanksgiving week, but in my world of yarn it was fishy. I've been trying not to knit too much in hopes that my left hand will come back to life. It's been numb for a while so I'm working real hard to give it a rest. The problem is that everything I like to do--knit/crochet, read, write, type on the computer (I use both hands)--somehow involves my left elbow. That means my poor ulnar nerve never gets a break so my ring finger and middle finger are tingly. Not good, I think. So I've only been knitting one row of my shawl at a time, or maybe two. I hauled out the variegated acrylic and the size 10 needles to go back to knitting afghan fish since they're small, quick, and easy. And I treated myself to a pair of size 17 Crystal Palace needles at Loops & Links so knitting Twisted Rib Hats for charity would be easier. Wasn't that nice of me?

Oh yeah, another way it was a fishy week? DH brought home a pair of whole live lobsters for our Thanksgiving dinner since it was just the two of us. I figure the pilgrims might have had lobster, they were in Massachusetts, right?

2 comments:

Ann said...

One thing that's helped my hand has been concentrating on not resting my elbow on hard surfaces. You probably already don't rest your elbow on tables, being the genteel lady that you are, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. :)

Barbara said...

Genteel lady? Har! Mom would like to think I turned into one but I think I'm regressing. I am trying not to rest on anything hard and also to sit up straight to give my upper back a rest. Progress is slow.