Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Shiver

I got smart and wore a knitted beanie (along with my winter coat, wool socks, and mittens) when I went to the grocery this morning because the thermometer in my car said 16 degrees. Six. Teen. Brr. This was the biggest shopping trip since August and I was pleased that I took my time and didn't get too tired out. Tomorrow I start cooking.


I took a look out at the birdbath this morning and realized that half of the water had been condensed into ice so I had to go out and fill it up so that the heater doesn't quit. It didn't take long for the water that I poured in there to freeze, leaving just the bit around the heater liquid.



Today's zentangle is a different one, not as busy as previous ones, but I like the leafy bits and the shadows on the box shapes.


Man, did I struggle to get to 2k words today. I started before lunch and spent a few hours writing and thinking and writing and thinking. I will confess that the first hundred words today were stream of consciousness instead of story but  I'm just relieved that I managed to hit my word goal.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Good for you for meeting your word goal. And for surviving the freezing trip to the grocery store. Two achievements in one day should count as a success.