Thursday, November 2, 2023

Did It Again

I managed to write another 1,690 words today, the same number that I wrote yesterday. I'm not totally thrilled with them but I'm thrilled to get them into the bank. Sitting here or standing here writing that many words doesn't leave a lot of time for doing other things during the day. How do people with jobs do this? How did I manage it when I had a husband and job?


There were three new tangles on the next page in the book. I didn't have any trouble with the first one but the second and third ones challenged me. I need to practice.



Then I tried copying a Zentangle that incorporated the new tangles and an old one. It looks okay but it's not as full and lush as the example. I have trouble layering things.


And tonight I finished the sock gusset. Hooray! So I knitted the stitches back onto the circular needle so I can continue down the foot and to the toe using the Magic Loop method. Tomorrow's Friday, isn't it? So I'll have plenty of knitting time at Friday Night Knitting on Zoom.


My cleaning lady came today. She got the dusting and vacuuming done in here so that I could sit and write while she cleaned. Then I went to the grocery for fruit. I seem to run out of fruit about once a week so I'm off to the store for more. I'm still on my watermelon kick and this week's watermelon is riper and tastier than last week's. Yay! I didn't make time for a walk today.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I write in my journal nearly every day and I just now checked to see how many words I've written in the past two days -- 1,300. So your two-day effort of 1600+ every day is really impressive. Keep up the good work!