Monday, November 20, 2023

It's Official

I have the lingering crud that's going around. I saw the PA this afternoon and all I have to do is bundle up to stay warm, take naps, and wait it out. She said that I'm no longer contagious but I'm still falling asleep at odd times. I woke up feeling almost normal this morning but a little activity and I was back to being exhausted. Stupid virus.


There were lots of birds in the backyard this morning. A huge flock of Starlings landed all over the grass, all with their heads down, pecking at whatever they could find. They didn't stay long and, man, was it loud when they all took off at the same time.


The Downy Woodpecker visited and managed to hold its own when the Sparrows tried to share the suet cakes. He would poke his beak at them and drive them away.



I pulled out 20 Ways to Draw a Butterfly, or Things With Wings, and I was too lazy or too tired to turn the page so I drew five different beetles. I like them all.


I have managed to keep up with NaNoWriMo while being sick. It takes me longer to get to the word goal but I'm persistent and I'm making it. Ideas are hard to come by but I'm managing. Ten more days.

--Barbara

No comments: