Saturday, November 11, 2023

I Did It

I wasn't confident that I could swap the lawnmower for the snowblower today. I knew that I'd be able to start the mower and guide it back to the shed but I wasn't at all sure that the snowblower would start so that I could drive it around to the garage. I knew for a fact that I wouldn't be able to push the blower around the house without power assist. But I took a long enough cord out so that I could plug it in and engage the electric start and after a few grumbles it started right up. Hooray! Now I'm ready for it to snow but I don't want it to snow for at least a month. Maybe longer.



I saw a flash of blue in the backyard by the cob corn and there was a Bluejay on it. Then the Bluejay flew down to the birdbath for a quick sip and I managed to snap a photo just as it turned to fly away. This isn't the best picture but it's proof that there was a Bluejay today.


While I was mustering up my courage to go out and tackle the mower/blower swap I drew a Zentangle using yesterday's tangles. It's okay. I'm not sure that I like all the linear tangles, it needs some curves to break things up.



After I did today's NaNoWriMo writing (copying & pasting) I settled down to listen to a few more chapters of Horizon. I'm about halfway through.


I got an email from my audiobook producer that she's reading Better Than Mom's and is really liking the story and the characters. That made me feel really good. She's going to tackle that one next while she works on her Caribbean dialect training.

Today is my baby DS's 45th birthday. I can't believe it's been that many years since I first held him in my arms. And he's an Army vet so that's two reasons to celebrate him today.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

You know winter and snow will be coming so good to be prepared. We said that about being prepared in case a hurricane comes when we bought the generator. Your snow is pretty much a given but we're hoping we don't ever have to use the generator.