Wednesday, November 8, 2023

And I Thought Writing It Was Hard

I got an email from my audiobook producer this afternoon and one from ACX, the audiobook production arm of Audible, that the recording of Horizon is done. Now I get to sit and listen while reading along in a paperback to make sure that the text is correct, or correct enough. It's very strange to sit here and listen to my words from someone else's voice. I've listened to seven chapters so far, only 30 more to go. This is a big job. And I just got another email from her that she's starting The Seaview.

 


What a dreary, rainy day! I was certain that I was waking up way too early when I opened my eyes but it was just the thick overcast that never lightened up all day. I had to turn on lights to make breakfast, to eat lunch, to draw, and to write. This Cardinal played shy and stayed behind the platform feeder supports.

 

I had to turn off the flash to get this picture of the Downy Woodpecker. If I hadn't done that all I'd have gotten was glare. I'm trying to decide if it's the same Downy coming every day. I know sometimes it doesn't have the red on its head so that's a female but is it a pair or just random birds?



I decided to start drawing from 20 Ways to Draw a Butterfly and kind of had an idea where I'd left off the last time. I'm very pleased with how the bee (top right) turned out, the other winged things are okay, but the bee is good.


Then it was Zentangle time. I turned to the next page and drew three new tangles. The trick is to remember the older ones to incorporate them into the new ones when drawing a Zentangle. I'm not so good at remembering but I like the three new ones and hope that I remember how to do them when the time comes to put them all together. Or I could just copy the one in the book. That's easier than trying to remember.


I've been lax when it comes to taking a walk lately but I'm hoping to do better. I'd be more enthusiastic about it if I didn't lose my breath so quickly. And it's driving me nuts that I can hear my pulse in my left ear all the time. See? Falling into disrepair.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

A strange experience indeed to listen to someone else read your words. I hope you're happy with how it sounds. Oh, the fragilities of aging. But whatcha" gonna to do? Gotta keep keeping on.