Saturday, June 10, 2023

Rain-ish

They promised us rain today. It clouded over this morning and looked like it was going to rain and it did--about two dozen drops. I looked out at the street and it looked like my lawn sprinkler had run amok. Not enough rain to wet the grass much less water it.



I went to the grocery after lunch and they had grapes! Red grapes! I bought some even though they were pricey. There's only me so I can make them last.


I drew a ferret and a fox out of the Chibi book today. I think the ferret doesn't look right but I like the way the fox turned out although it took me three different colored pencils to find the right color for him.



Then I flipped to the next three pages in Things With Wings to draw 2 winged men, an eagle, and a mythical bird. I like the winged men. I think they look a little creepy and I like that about them.


While I was drawing I heard thunder and the sky darkened a bit. It rained a little for about an hour, not hard, not enough to water the plants but enough to get everything wet. I went out when it was just drizzling and took a picture of the last purple iris that bloomed this morning. All the others are finished but this one had to be late.



Another Stella d'Oro lily bud bloomed today too. It's on the same plant as yesterday's flower. I keep hoping that the whole row of them will flower at the same time. It didn't happen last year but maybe this year. This is the third year for all of these plants which means that they're supposed to burst forth. We'll see.


I added more rounds on the Guac & Black Hat that I started last night. In two more rounds the black yarn gets cut and the hat gets finished with the guacamole green yarn. I like the way it's looking.


Today was the Bellin Run 10k/5k race that went down Webster Avenue and right past Zambaldi. DS and DIL1 opened the doors at 7am for people to watch the race and cheer on the runners from their patio. They had bloodies, mimosas, DS's breakfast burritos, and donuts for sale. A knitting friend of mine who volunteers at the race called and said he saw a runner coming back with a burrito and asked where he got the food. The runner said, "Zambaldi!" I hope they had enough of a turnout to make it worthwhile getting up early and making all that food.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Love that hat. I think you should keep it for those bad-hair days that come to all of us every now and then.