Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Not a Drop

I went down to visit DS at Zambaldi Beer this morning and didn't have a drop to drink. He was brewing his Octoberfest beer and it smelled good in there. Brewing beer smells a lot like baking bread. Even better it was a lot cooler today so he had the big doors open and the fan blowing cool air into the brewery which gets hot and steamy on brew days.



Despite gnawing by passing rabbits the yellow Asiatic lily has bloomed. It's barely six inches tall but managed to send out a couple buds and those buds have bloomed. Amazing. I was sure that it was a goner. You coulda knocked me over with a feather when I saw the flowers.


Dad's rose is getting ready to bloom. There are clusters of buds on three or four of the canes. Most of them are new ones but there's one of last year's canes that has a few leaves and buds. You can see the cottonwood fluff that has been blowing around the last few days. It's stuck to the edges of the leaves. Makes 'em look fuzzy.



Today's first drawing is brought to you by Drawing Cute. My teapot looks misshapen but I tried to make it symmetrical. The coffee to-go cup looks just right.


While I was drawing I caught a flash of movement and looked out to see a Downy Woodpecker male clinging to the side of the birdbath getting a drink.



Before supper I pulled out Draw 20 Butterflies (aka Things With Wings) and drew a dragonfly, a hummingbird, a rooster, and a hang glider. Gotta get my pen drawing fix in.


I spent most of the afternoon rereading the cobbled together manuscript I made yesterday putting in chapter breaks when the POV changes. I'm not sure it works but I'm happy to have scenes back that I lost when I shifted to 1st person. I got to page 133 out of 265 pages and I think it's hanging together but that could just be my delusion. I'll get this thing figured out one of these days.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I saw a Bluejay fly by in our backyard yesterday. It landed in one of the two trees out there but didn't stay long. There's nothing to lure a bird to stay but it was nice to see that flash of blue.