Saturday, June 3, 2023

Mostly Art

I didn't have any photo ops with the birds again today. I filled the birdfeeders so the Bluejay was around pecking at the peanut wreath and sipping at the birdbath but it didn't stay long enough for a picture. And I saw a Downy Woodpecker on the green tube feeder but it too flew away long before I had the camera up and ready. There was a tiny baby bunny that hippity-hopped across the patio after supper but it didn't linger.


No new flowers bloomed today. The French iris are still going strong and the Blue Stars are opening more. CS said that she thinks the purple flowers are a variety of salvia. I just looked up "perennial salvia" and there it was "May Night Salvia." Thanks, CS!



On to today's art. First I drew a couple chibis, a Dog and an Elephant. I'm happier with the way they turned out than I have been with the earlier ones.

 

I booted up a lesson from a Creativebug class that I took and painted circles in a sketchbook, then glued in some pieces of old book pages, then drew stylized flowers over the whole thing. I really like the way this turned out. Really like it a lot.



Then I had an assistant arrive and we tried out my new watercolor pencils. We both drew/painted flowers. Mine is yet another iris.

 

 

We ran an errand for DS then went to the grocery for supper goodies. Deli chicken drumsticks, cranberry juice, and tiny pecan pies. We live high on the hog over here.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

My favorite for today is the mixed media offering with the pages from a book. Very clever. And I'm showing off using that "mixed media" phrase. Do I sound like an art critic???