Thursday, June 8, 2023

A Low Photo Day

Today wasn't a photo day. This morning I put together the marinade for the Honey-Ginger Chicken Tender Kabobs that I made for knitting snacks tonight. They turned out well--sticky and delicious. Did I remember to take a picture? No. I did take a picture of the growler and howler (a half growler) of Zambaldi beer that was drunk tonight though.


I did take a picture of the cluster of French iris that my friend DM called Siberian iris. I googled them both. They look the same. I'm confused.


I went down to the library to sort books this morning. About half of the 8 tables were covered with boxes and piles of books. There was a man there sorting too. We worked together well, I sorted books and he packed boxes of sorted books from the bins. Did I take a picture? No.


Drawing happened after lunch. I turned to a few pages in Draw 20 Butterflies and drew a cockatoo, a cupid, a vulture, and a puffin. Quite a mix of things with wings.



I decided to try painting a yellow day lily again after failing miserably many times last summer. I'm happier with the way it turned out. It kind of fades into the background but truthfully the flower kind of did that in the picture that I used as a reference.


Once all of the eating and most of the talking was done tonight I knitted a few more rounds on the Hayden Hawthorne Sock. The foot is getting longer. I have inches to go before it's time to knit the toe but I can see progress, thank heavens. I went down a sock size but it still looks like it'll be a little roomy. Oh well.


I spent a little time trying to come up with a new scene for the manuscript this afternoon and ended up nodding off. Not a lot of writing happens when your eyes slam shut. Maybe tomorrow.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I thought of you last night as I was finishing a book. One of the characters had writer's block. Here's what the author wrote: "You didn't come to a story; it came to you, a million little things that fell together like cells turning into a body. You just needed the image. The question. The door to set it free." I know that door will open for you eventually.