Wednesday, June 14, 2023

I Put It Back

The owl feather. I put it back outside and the coolest thing happened. Within 5 minutes a Sparrow came and twirled it around in his beak, put it down, picked it up, put it down again, and flew off. Then right away another Sparrow, a female this time, picked it up, twirled it around, and flew away with it. Is it going to become a supersoft part of a nest? I'm glad that I returned the feather to the wild.



I went out to investigate how many yellow iris buds are left and this is the last one. I like the way the old flowers look like tiny fists on stems.


 

More Stella d'Oro lilies burst out in blooms today, two more, and more plants have buds. Maybe my hope to have a row of flowers will come true this year.



And Dad's Rose has a rosebud that's starting to open. There's another rosebud on another cane and a bunch more buds ready to follow. I know I say it every year, but they really smell great.


The Oriole stopped by again to dip his beak in the grape jelly. As often as I can capture a picture of him I'm putting it on here. I haven't seen a Hummingbird in over a week but the level of birdie juice in the feeder is going down so something is sipping away at it.



I went down to the library today to sort books and there were five big black garbage bags of books on the tables so that's what I tackled after I cleared up the loose books floating around and finished packing a box from a bin. Most of the books in the garbage bags were Star Wars books. Whoever donated them was a BIG fan.


Out of Draw 20 Trees I drew four trees today. I'm happiest with the upper right one, the one that looks most like a real tree. The rest of them, meh.



When I got home from the library I made myself sit down and write. I managed to get about 1000 words written which isn't too bad. I can't seem to visualize the whole story like I could with the first book. This one has me stumped so I'll just keep writing until inspiration strikes or my fingers fall off.


At least I didn't have to wear a hoodie today and the furnace didn't turn on once the day got started. It's supposed to be cooler again tomorrow and then warm up for the weekend. I've got my Author Spotlight on Saturday in Oshkosh so I hope the weather cooperates. I'm getting kinda nervous about it. Nervous in a good way, I think.

--Barbara

No comments: