Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Posting Slacker

Sorry about that. I've been busy doing stuff and not posting it. Admittedly most of the stuff I'm doing isn't yarn-related so I don't connect it with posting, but hey, I don't want you to think I'm just sitting around and I know everyone is avidly interested in what I'm doing day in and day out. Hmm, let's see... over the holiday weekend when I had 5 days off in a row (I just love holidays that fall on Monday), what did I do? On Friday, I met Mom at HuHot for our traditional birthday lunches; we eat and she pays my tab and I pay hers because our birthdays are only 2 days apart. This year DS was able to come along which was great. I ate so much at lunch that I didn't have supper!

After non-supper I went up to Harmony Cafe next to Goodwill for Friday Night Knitting Circle where I received 2 bir
thday gifts. Telaine gave me some yummy Touch Hand Painted yarn from New Zealand that looks and feels like chenille but its all merino, a cinnamon scented pencil (I love cinnamon!), and a little baggie of totally delicious and totally gobbled up homemade chocolate chip and walnut cookies. Thanks a heap, sweetie!

From Zoe, the Yarn Whisperer, I got a blind choice between 2 different yarns, one a little scratchy but very interesting feeling and the other soft and obviously finer. Naturally I chose the interesting, wormy feeling one. It's Dacotah Woolen Mills American Landscape 100% wool grown in the USA. She gave me 3 skeins--558 yds! And look at the color! It's called Sunflare. I don't know what I'll make with it but it has sparkles in it too and it's awesome. ThankyouThankyouThankyou, Zoe!

I worked on that slipper I'm playing with, added a few rows to the red sweater back, and cast on a new sock at FNKC.

On Saturday I scraped the garage doors and the trim around them and primed the raw wood. My brother came up with an antique bed and cherry gate leg table that Grandpa built to stash in our storage space.

On Sunday Durwood and I drove up to Duvall in Door Co. for a burger lunch at Joe Rouer's, a country crossroads bar that has made the best burgers for years and years. After we got home I painted the doors and trim. It looks nice, amazing what a coat of paint will do, isn't it?

On Monday the weather cooperated for just an hour to give me time to take my bike and pedal 4 miles on the Fox River Trail, before the sky opened up when I was at Titletown Brewery having a root beer with DS, who is a brewer there, and poured rain for most of the rest of the day, especially when I was grilling our little steak and sliced squash for supper. After supper I finished the ribbing of the sock cuff and started on the leg chart a bit.

Yesterday, Tuesday I met Dusty and Julie at the mall for an hour's walk, went to the
doc to make sure I'm responding well to the new anti-depressant (yes!), and got my nails done. After that I came home and mowed the lawn in the strong gusty winds. It was chilly but nice to get blown around instead of drowning in sweat and humidity. And I worked more on the sock. I'm calling them Underwater Socks for the colors and the pattern. It's Sockbug's River Rapid Socks made with Cascade Handpainted Sock. I'm liking it.

No comments: