Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Gorgeous Days

I love this time of year with cooler temps and golden sunlight. Makes me want to go outside and just walk and walk. Instead I get to go to work and sit in the stuffy dive shop dozing in the wasteland of time between customers. Maybe someone will come in today and want something. Wouldn't that be lovely? I could fill a tank or sell something. SELL something!!!! Now that'd be a real treat.

September 14--Manitoulin Island, Ontario. Hannah and Jeffrey were glad that they had decided to turn left out of the B&B's driveway that morning. They stood at the top of a long, gently curving hill straddling their bikes and catching their breath. Riding down would be exhilarating, riding up would have been torture. Jeffrey took a long drink from his water bottle and then snapped it back into its holder. Hannah reached into her saddlebag and pulled out a package of two granola and fruit bars, handing one to him. The pale light under the newly leafed trees made it look as if they were pedaling through pale green water.

And that's when I fell asleep. I assume I put my notebook on the nightstand and turned out the light. Either that or Durwood did when he came to bed at midnight. Ah, well, such is life in the fast lane.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Hey Barbara,
just want to be able to post on the blog....my last invite to blog has expired-it said to contact Jenny, who's a manager of the blog(??!!), but since she's in NYC, thought I'd try this....i'm so...yeah, that.