Monday, June 19, 2023

In Honor of Dad

Since yesterday was Father's Day I thought I'd take a look at Dad's Rose today and, lo and behold, it was blooming. Dad really outdid himself. Three of last week's buds are fully open and each one is surrounded by buds just fixing to open in the next few days.



And I have an indoor flowering plant that I have no idea what it is. HZ gave it to me at Easter and when the flowers faded I cut them off. Since then new growth is sporting new buds and they've opened in the last few days. The leaves are thick and kind of spongy. If anyone knows what this is please tell me. I'd like to know how to care for it. I'm in fear of overwatering it.


I opened Dr. Seuss's Book of Animals to find this bird with an amazing feathered tail. Dr. Seuss's bird's tail is much more feathery looking than mine is but I was pleased that it turned out as well as it did.



I felt guilty tonight while watching Antiques Roadshow so I started another crocheted hat. I went back to an H hook so hopefully it'll fit a normal person's head. I love this toast color of yarn and the creamy accent yarn really compliments it.


Today I did laundry and went to the grocery for oranges and grapes, neither of them photogenic occupations. I didn't see many birds, mostly a handful of Mourning Doves pecking around on the ground and scaring off the chipmunk that dared to come too close.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

That red red rose! So beautiful. Love the very elaborate tail on the Dr. Suess creature.