Friday, June 2, 2023

Knittin'

Today is Friday which means tonight is Friday Night Knitting and I spent time knitting on all three of my current WIPs (works in progress) so you get to see them even though two of them don't look all that different than the last time I showed them to you.  First we have the Punto dishcloth. It's the only one that's radically changed. I think that I started the decreases too early so I'll have yarn leftover but it'll be okay. I've got a bowl of little walnuts of leftover cotton yarn so maybe one day I'll tie them all together and make a parti-colored cloth.



I've got about an inch of foot knitted on the Hayden Hawthorne sock. This yarn is so skinny and the needles are so thin that knitting a round doesn't add up very fast. I have a long way to go on this sock foot.


Then there's the Rainbow Brioche beanie. I've been forcing myself to knit a couple rounds every night so I'm up to 7 1/2" of hat on my way to 11" before the crown decreases. Every time I pick this project up I wonder what I was thinking when I cast it on. I kind of hate knitting on it but I've gone too far to just rip it out and quit.



A whole bunch of the French irises bloomed overnight. I don't know how long they'll be blooming so you're going to be seeing them until they're done.

 

And the Blue Star is opening more flowers. It's pretty but... blue.



I even painted a French iris today, which looks a lot like a regular iris, but I know that it's a French one.


For today's drawings I went back into the Draw 20 Trees book for six more figures that I haven't drawn out of this book before--a stone, a twig, a tulip, a dragonfly, a grass head, and a bee. It was fun making the bee out of dots.


No good birds showed up to pose today. I saw a Cardinal for a minute but it was all Starlings and Sparrows and I'm not wasting "film" on them. I wish the Hawk would come back so I could see what kind it is.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

You are brave to hang in there with that endless sock. At least you aren't compelled to knit a pair of them. I know you're an unmatched socks girl! I love all your blue flowers even if they aren't your favorites.