Saturday, June 24, 2023

Small & Furry

I saw a streak of brown dart across the patio this morning and there was a chipmunk gobbling up fallen birdseed. Chipmunks are so small and so skittish, I was amazed at how long it stayed there, even lunging a Mourning Dove to keep its distance.

Then this Robin was standing in the birdbath. I thought it was going to duck down and splash around so I got the camera ready but all it did was dip its beak into the water a few times to get a drink. Maybe its feet were hot? I waited a while, one eye pressed to the viewfinder, but it never did anything else. Then it flew away.


It was another hot one today and Dad's roses are holding up pretty well. It got up to 91 degrees today and now it's merely 78 degrees and it's after 9pm. Things are supposed to cool off for the next few days and they're even talking about rain in the area tomorrow.



I decided to copy the figures that had the fewest lines to draw the sea creatures today. I like the crocodile, the dolphin, the lionfish, and the lobster. The eel, not so much, although I suspect that the problem is operator error


Then I pulled out my paints and a picture of a Bluejay and tried my hand at it. I think it turned out pretty well.



I finished the Toast & Cream Hat tonight while watching back-to-back Longmire episodes. I'm almost through the first season. Although I like Lou Diamond Phillips I'm disappointed that they didn't find a Native actor to play his part. They don't stick close to the books which I'm a big fan of but the show's worth watching.


I spent some time this afternoon redoing the Categories and Keywords on all of my books in all of their forms. Amazon changed their Category parameters so that they're more in line with real-life search terms so changing them might make my books easier to find. I was able to run a search term report on the Marketing page so that I could make them into Keywords which might also make my titles pop up in searches. I got another click today so I know that my books are showing up in searches. This marketing gig is a lot of work.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

That robin looks very serene there in the birdbath soaking his feet. And with the temps you're having, I think his feet probably were hot.