Wednesday, June 21, 2023

A Short Line

The row of Stella d'Oro lilies is trying. A few more of the plants have opened up flowers down the line. They're kind of getting swallowed up by the big day lilies in spots and it's hard to see in this picture but there's a bit of a short line of yellow flowers out there.



Dad's rose is still blooming. This one that's against the house gets baked by the sun all day but it still shines.


I got two new drawing books today, both of them about sea creatures. The first one that I opened is called Draw 500 Fantastic Sea Creatures or something like that. There was a mermaid and a merman on the first page so I drew them both. This is the merman; he turned out the best.



Then the other book is Draw 20 Jellyfish but I only drew one jellyfish, a pufferfish, and a ray.


I spent most of the afternoon sitting here trying to pound out manuscript words. I managed a bit over 800 words but it took a couple hours to get there. I miss my nimble and agile brain. These days writing seems like real work. Lala said that I always complain about that and that I always have. I don't know, I seem to remember it being easier years ago or maybe my remerber-y is faulty. That's probably it.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Dad's rose looks like it's being held prisoner up against the wall by the surrounding buds. Still beautiful. Hang in there. Maybe you can write about Rose trying to make a new brochure for Seaview but the words won't come!!