Friday, June 30, 2023

Wildlife

I kept my eye out for backyard wildlife today. My favorite picture is this one of a chipmunk pressing its belly to the cool cement in the shade of the patio. It got up to 88 degrees again today and the humidity was right up there near 60% so it was a hot one. I'd probably press my belly to the cool cement if I didn't have air conditioning.



This picture of the baby bunny turned out kind of blurry (and I'm not sure why) but it's getting bigger every day. Today it spent some time nibbling around the violet leaves that are growing through the gaps in the patio blocks.


I filled the birdfeeders and this Sparrow was the first one on the round feeder and then it flew up to the suet pellets. The Sparrows have gotten addicted to the suet pellets and spend most of the day after I fill the feeder squabbling for a space on there to peck at the pellets through the mesh and they make short work of it.



Before it got too hot out I took the loppers out and trimmed that trash tree or big tree-like shrub back so when I mow on Sunday I don't have to duck under the overhanging branches. And now I can see the day lilies when they bloom.

 

Another thing that didn't get scraped out when they took out the garden last year is peppermint. It's growing in a nice patch in the lawn so it'll smell great when I mow in a couple days.



I flipped to the next page in Seuss-isms to find the Grinch and his dog Max. They were fun to draw and turned out looking almost like they're supposed to look.


This evening at Friday Night Knitting I got out the sock and realized that I'd pulled out the needle from half of the stitches. Uh-oh. I very carefully and quickly threaded the needle back through the loose stitches and only missed one which I caught right away. I am convinced that this sock is going to be way too big in the foot but I'm too far along to rip it out and start over. Way too far. Maybe I'll send it on a trip through the dryer when it's finished.



And I added six rounds to the Rainbow Brioche Beanie tonight too. You can't see it on this side but I somehow added a stitch between the white rows so there's another mistake that I can't fix. This may be a problem when I get to the crown decreases. Maybe I can knit two together?


Last week I redid the Categories and Keywords on all versions of my books and can't believe what a difference that has made. Still haven't got any more sales but the Impressions and Clicks have skyrocketed. Impressions are the gold bar graph, the Clicks are the purple spikes, and Ad Spend is the blue spikes. There's one lonely green spike which is my lone sale since I started this ad odyssey. See how much taller the gold bars on the right are?


I saw a meme on FB the other day that said "Everyone would be happy if pot fields were burning instead of forests" so I spent the afternoon trying to write a story about that. It didn't go well. I'll keep trying.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

That chipmunk picture reminds me of Harry. He used to lay like that on our brick floor when we lived in Dallas. Cute shot. Hope it cools off some before you have to mow.