Monday, June 26, 2023

And More Rain

It was actively raining when I finally got out of bed this morning. Such a pleasant way to wake up in these drought-y days. And it kept drizzle raining until the afternoon so the overnight and morning rain filled the birdbath which means we got at least 1/4" of rain. Hooray!


The Stella d'Oro lilies are loving the rain. Eight of the eleven plants are blooming. Naturally there's a two-plant gap in the middle so I can't go up there and take a long shot of the whole line of them but I did get a couple nice pictures from the patio, one of which I'll share with you.



As promised I drew and colored a picture today. It's from 10-Step Drawing: Flowers and it's a waterlily. I wasn't confident that I could draw the petals the right way but I focused on the instructions and managed pretty well. I think.


Then I turned to Draw 500 Sea Creatures and drew a seal, a merman with trident, and a black coral. Fun.



After supper I decided to try painting a Stella d'Oro lily. Not a success. Not anywhere close to a success. My favorite part is the buds on the left. The flower is pitiful and the background is awful. What a waste of paint and paper.


Changing the Categories and Keywords on my books has really made a difference. I went from an average of between 500 and 700 Impressions a day to around 2500 Impressions yesterday and today. I got a click today. Maybe I'll get another sale soon. Fingers crossed.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I like the fact that your birdbath is also a rain gauge. No comment on your rendering of the yellow flower. At least you tried.