Sunday, January 31, 2021

Snow

I woke up to a few inches of new snow this morning.  And it was windy but the wind was out of the northeast so it didn't blow the snow back into my face when I went out to run the snowblower.  I've learned to leave my glasses in the house when I snowblow because I usually end up with a face full, but not today, thank heavens.

 


Once I had the driveway cleared off, I spent the rest of the day watching TV and knitting some on the sock.  I didn't have anything else to do today so I just goofed off and knitted.

 

 

31 January--Barbara Malcolm, The Seaview.  

Iggy was already sitting on the deck outside Tamarind Water sports when I got there.  I sat down next to him and he scooted close to put his arm around me and pulled me to him for a kiss.  “Oh, I have missed you this week.  It is not fair that your daughter is staying with you.   Can we not go to my place, spend the night there to give Marie a bit of privacy?” 

I looked into his dark eyes glittering in the moonlight.  “And leave her unprotected to fall prey to Julius’ charms while I’m away?  Not on your life.” 

He leaned down to kiss my neck and work his way down my collarbone.

“Oh," I said, "I have missed you too."

Our hands and mouths got busy getting reacquainted with each other.  It had been a long time since I had made out like this. 

Both of Iggy’s hands were under my tee shirt, his mouth and mine glued together, I was sitting facing him on his lap trying to find a more satisfying position when he lifted his head and said, “I think we should have a swim to cool off.” 

“I didn’t bring a swimming suit,” I said without thinking. 

“We do not need them.” 

I looked over my shoulder toward the Seaview.  “But Silas is sitting on the porch…” 

Iggy shook his head.  “I just heard him go inside and lock the door.  No one is around anymore.”  He pulled my shirt over my head and off my arms.  “Come on, let’s swim.” 

He unhooked my bra while I unbuttoned his shirt the rest of the way.  We both stood and shucked off our shorts and, holding hands, walked into the blood-warm water that felt like a silken caress as we submerged.  We swam out beyond the anchored fishing boats and watched the blue green phosphorescence trail from our fingers.  He found a place where the bottom rose just enough for him to stand on the sand with his head and neck out of the water.  He pulled me to him and I wrapped my legs around his middle.  I felt his firm manhood arch and touch my bottom, so I snaked my hand between us to guide him into me. 

The warm water and the surge of the sea rocked us together soothing away our cares and setting up a rhythm that made me feel like the whole planet was making love with us.  I started to shiver because a lot more of me was out in the cooling breeze.  Iggy lifted me off him and we swam in to shore where we fell into the gentle surf and rejoined with the waves lapping over us. 

 

Today's toss was a fanny pack that I'd made ages ago.  Not going to be using that anytime soon.

The writing prompt today was "you're walking on a field when you're suddenly small; what do you do?"  Well, that was interesting.  I had fun imagining giant insects and thick grass stems, and a slobbery dog that could talk.

Do you realize that today is the last day of January already?  How can weeks and months fly by when the days seem to drag?

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

We're starting the new month with a new car. The car-buying bug only stays away from Paul so long. Beautiful white Mercedes sitting out in the garage! Big and impressive and I plan never to drive it. Too many fancy gadgets for me to ever learn to operate. It can even park itself!!