Friday, October 5, 2007

WIPs


I got all excited by a bias knit scarf pattern I saw on Mason-Dixon Knitting's blog so I cast that on and knit like the wind to get to the first color change area. It's hard to see in the picture but it starts with cranberry, then goes to what Wool Ease calls natural heather which is kind of grayed out cream, then I'll add on black. I like it, now that a commenter on MDK noted that the stitches of first row after the angle were reversed, and it's not going off like some sort of chevron.

The other picture is the Bits and Bobs KAL capelet I've been working on for about
4 weeks. I'm busy crocheting dishcloths and knitting the scarf, plus I'm not sure I'll ever wear the capelet, but I can't seem to frog it and move on. You can't see but there's a single cross cable at either end of the off-white. I'm foolishly impressed with myself.

2 comments:

Ann said...

These look great, Mom! I love the scarf, and I'm glad you got it figured out. Can't wait to see it as a FO! And even if you won't wear a capelet, don't you want to be able to say that you've made one?

Love,
Ann

Barbara said...

I don't know. Maybe if it had a different name I'd be more enthusiastic. But I'll keep knitting slowly on it and eventually it'll get done.