Thursday, October 25, 2007

No "Second Glove" Syndrome Here!


I was a bit intimidated to tackle the second glove without Ann sitting right next to me saving me when I screwed up, but then I realized I'd need another glove before she got home at Christmas. It's bound to get cold before then. So I took a deep breath and started. I'm proud to say I knit the cuff and all the cables are exactly as they should be, no Moroccan arches to interrupt the symmetry. Beautiful!

I cast on another bias scarf, too, in some pretty wool I got at
Jo-Ann's. This is easy to tuck in my bag and take to work or on errands--and I love the colors, so unlike me to like pastels but I do.

I'm two dishcloths from my goal of having 50 by November 9th. Think I'll make it? Yeah me too; although I have slacked off on the "one a day" thing, there's no danger of me quitting making them altogether.



And...I got my Ravelry invite! Woohoo! Now I have to take pictures of my stash and decide where in the queue to put my projects and upload a crapload of pictures to Flickr so I can put them on Ravelry. Did you know I'm on Ravelry now?

2 comments:

Ann said...

Yay, Mom! Your second glove looks beautiful. You'll be done in no time.

Have fun in Chicago, and tell everyone I say "hi!"

Love,
Ann

Barbara said...

I'm taking it a little slower to give my left hand a chance to uncramp between bouts of knitting. I still have to force myself to relax when I'm going around that little tube of yarn. But I'll get it done in the next week, I'm sure.