Monday, October 22, 2007

I'm Trying Not to Think About It

I'm not sure who Diego is. Your idea sounds about right, "a name without a character." The picture in the calendar is of the tile fish on the bottom of a pool and I thought about a villa built by rich people who could afford to blast a pool next to the ocean and have it tiled so fancy. Then this couple rents the villa and he, Diego, goes off on some business, leaving her, Sharon, there to lay frying in the sun. The idea of her drinking fruit "punch" and ending up sprawled on the tiles talking to the pretty fishie at the bottom of the pool is where the idea wound up. I need to not think about where, or if, this story is going; just looking at the pictures as they come and gathering the words and images. Maybe once I've written about all 52 pictures the story will present itself in finished form. Yeah, and pigs'll fly, Diego's not in some dirty business he could die from, Manning didn't murder Jack, and there's a perfectly logical explanation as to why the matchbook showed up in that guy's shirt pocket. And who is that lighthouse guy anyway? Hey, maybe Diego is Emelia's "daddy man." I never know where stuff comes from or where I'm going with it. Life's a surprise.

--Barbara

No comments: